- 3-4 Zucchinis washed and ends cut off
- 2-3 tsp. salt
- Veggetti Pro gadget – You can find it anywhere they sell As Seen on TV products
- 7-8 garlic cloves minced
- 1 24 oz. can or 2 16oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves chiffonade (small spirals of basil that is made by rolling the basil and slicing it thin horizontally)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Place zucchini in Veggetti Pro gadget with the thick serial cut adapter and turn until zucchini is all cut into spirals. Boil a pot of water with the salt. Once the water is boiling add the zucchini and cook for about 3-5 minutes.Drain the zucchini in a colander. Place the zucchini on a plate and pour just enough sauce over zucchini to add a thin coat.
Heat medium pot on high heat with olive oil. Once oil is hot, turn down the heat to medium/high and add the garlic. Once the garlic is light brown add the can of diced tomatoes and a splash of red wine. Once the wine reduces (no longer smell the alcohol) add the chiffonade basil leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let the sauce cook for about 10 minutes so all the ingredients fuse together. Add the zucchini to the sauce, plate and top with parmesan cheese.
NOTE: You can add any type of meat or fish to the above dish as well as any vegetables you would like to the sauce, ex. mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.